Potato and cauliflower cooked in North Indian style. Aloo gobi is a dry preparation sabzi cooked with seasoned with typical Indian dry spices. Aloo Gobi is a regular sabzi that is cooked in every Punjabi household.
Aloo Gobi Masala – Spiced Cauliflower and Potatoes !
It is a delicious combination of my two favorite vegetables, Aloo (potato) and Gobi (cauliflower) and I cook this vegetable every single weak at home. we serve aloo gobi masala with daal , jeera rice/plain rice.
- 1 Medium cut to bite size florets – Cauliflower
- 2 Large, cut to bite size pieces – Boiled Potatoes
- 1 Cup – Frozen Green Peas
- 3 Tablespoon – Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Cumin Seeds
- Asofoetida a pinch
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- 1 Medium, finely chopped – Onion
- 1 Inch piece, minced – Ginger
- 5 Cloves, minced – Garlic
- 2 Large, chopped – Tomatoes
- 2 Teaspoon – Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon – Cumin Powder
- 1 Taspoon – Garam Masala
- Red Chili Powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro chopped for garnishing
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil add the cauliflower florets and fry them until they turn lightly brown from all side.
- In the same pan heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium non-stick pan.
- Add Cumin Seeds, Asofoetida, green chili and allow them to sizzle.
- Add Onions sautee for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the onion turns lightly brown. Add turmeric Powder and ginger/garlic, coriander powder,cumin powder and red chili powder mix and sautee until oil starts to separate from the onions (stir frequently).
- Add Tomatoes mix and cook until oil again separates from the mixture (stir frequently).
- Add cauliflower, boiled Potatoes, and frozen peas.
- Mix well cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes, or until everything cooked well.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro Leaves and serve with Chapatti, Paratha or Jeera Rice and Daal.