Mix Vegetable Kadhi is seasoned with spices and usually served with rice. Kadhi is quite popular dish in India as it very light and has a tangy taste, and contains whole lots of different veggies. It is my personal choice to have variety of veggies, you can choose your own set of vegetables. It’ll turn out delicious whichever vegetables you choose.
Mix Vegetable Kadhi !
Hope you will enjoy this recipe.Try at your home and share your experience on how it turns out. 🙂 🙂 Check out the step by step illustrated recipe of mix vegetable kadhi below.
- 1 Cup – Sour yogurt (to make yogurt sour leave out the yogurt on kitchen counter overnight or at least 8 – 10 hours
- 2 Tablespoon – Besan (gram flour)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Small sliced – Onion
- 1/4 Teaspoon – Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon – Garlic paste
- 1 Teaspoon – Coriander powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Cumin powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon – Black pepper powder (optional)
- 2 1/2 Cups – Water
- 1 Tablespoon – Mustard oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon – Cumin seeds
- One pinch – Fenugreek seeds (meethi dana)
- 1 – Dried red chili
- A Pinch of Asafetida (hing)
- Curry leaves – 4-5
- Salt to taste
- 100 Grams – Okra (bhindi)
- 50 Grams – Eggplant (Brinjal) Small cut in 4 pieces
- 100 Grams – Asparagus
- 50 Grams – Cauliflower
- Heat a pan. Add 1 Teaspoon oil in the pan.
- Add cauliflower fry till it turn light brown and take out in a plate.
- In the same pan saute Okra. Saute for 2 minutes on medium heat and take them out in a plate.
- Add small eggplant (brinjal), asparagus and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Take them aside on a plate.
- To make kadhi:
- Mix yogurt and besan (gram flour) in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps in besan. Add 1 Cup of Water and mix well. You can use hand blender or a wire whisk. (Note: to avoid lumps whisk yogurt and besan first then add water).
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds, dried red chili and let them sizzle. Then add fenugreek (methi) seeds. Let them fry for a few seconds. You will notice a nice aroma.
- Add curry leaves and sliced onion.
- Saute onion until it turns light brown in color, then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and grated garlic or paste of garlic.
- Saute spices for about 1 minute until raw flavor is gone from garlic. Mix in prepared yogurt-besan mixture.
- Add Sauted Vegetables. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer on low-medium heat. It will start to thicken up.
- Boil the kadhi for 8-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes turn off the heat and let it be for 5 minutes.
- If kadhi gets too thick then add some water to get desired consistency.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.