Pomfret Fish with Poppy Seeds and Mustard Paste !
- 1/2 Kilogram(500 grams) – Pomfret fish
- 2 Tablespoon – Whole Yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoon – Soaked Poppy seeds masala
- 8 – 10 – Cloves Garlic medium size
- 1 Teaspoon – Whole cumin seeds
- 8-9 – Pepper corn
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon – Lime juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon – Red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – Coriander powder
- 2 Medium – Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tablespoon – Oil (canola oil,veg oil, mustard oil) do not use olive oil
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- To Make Poppy Seeds and Mustard masala:
- In a grinding jar add yellow mustard,Soaked Poppy seeds masala, garlic cloves, whole cumin, pepper-corn.
- Grind into a fine paste.
- To marinate pomfret fish:-
- Take a large bowl add pomfret fish, 1 teaspoon lime juice,1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and salt.
- Mix everything well and marinate fish for 1 hour. Keep in refrigerator.
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a pan add the marinated fish shallow fry them until they turns brown on both side.
- Take all fish in a plate.
- In the same pan add 1 teaspoon oil crackle black mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seed start splattering add ground poppy seeds and mustard masala , turmeric powder,coriander powder and chili powder.
- Cook the masala for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes cook for 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil on high heat.
- Once masala start boiling bring the heat on medium heat.
- Add fried pomfret fish.Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice/brown rice or roti.
Your Comments Please